All Stories

Photo Article: Third Rogue Bloggers for Woodlarks Training Walk

Tom Winnifrith
Sunday 26 March 2023
Instead of heading straight to the petrol station on the Wrexham Ring Road and back, I took a diversion from just inside the village boundary, a walk across the fields to Frog Lane, something advertised as ½ mile. My plan was to do the walk and back on both legs of my walk to the petrol station so adding 2 miles to last week’s nine miles. Plans, plans, plans.

I am buggered if the walk to Frog Lane is only ½ mile as advertised. I reckon it is more so am chalking today’s training walk up as 11.5 -12 miles. As promised in yesterday’s bearcast, I include a photo of the petrol station and also of a pub I pass on the way to the station on the outskirts of Wrexham. Look at the opening times!

I am told somebody bought it to use as a house but could not get planning permission for change of use so he lives there and on the hours shown opens up for the odd drinker. So it is still a pub.

I felt okay at the end of today’s walk, very confident that I could have done 20 miles without collapsing. Although after an afternoon of work in the strawberry patch and planting the first lettuces and spring onions I am now tightening up.

Next week I shall target 15. So I guess that I am pretty much on track for the 34 miles of the actual walk on June 17. I am not sure how my fellow rogue bloggers are doing with their training but shall enquire and report back/snitch on them midweek.

With an unbooked pledge have now raised more than 3% of our target, £1535. But that still leaves 97% to go so 22 folks have donated already, please think of my ever stiffening calf muscles and donate now HERE.

If you enjoyed reading this article from Tom Winnifrith, why not help us cover our running costs with a donation?
About Tom Winnifrith
Tom Winnifrith is the editor of When he is not harvesting olives in Greece, he is (planning to) raise goats in Wales.
[email protected]
Recently Featured on ShareProphets
Sign up for my weekly newsletter

Required Reading

Recent Comments

I also read