The war criminal famously justified his illegal war in Iraq with the claim that British interests could be attacked within 45 minutes by Saddam Hussein's army. That was a lie. Blair claimed attacking Iraq made thee UK safer. Of course in unleashing ISIS and acting as a recruiting sergeant for jihadists everywhere it made Britain far less safe. Blair lied. But over Syria Theresa May has lied in the same way. I quote the most useless Tory PM since Ted Heath on why she ordered the RAF to bomb:
“I have done so because I judge this action to be in Britain’s national interest. We cannot allow the use of chemical weapons to become normalised – within Syria, on the streets of the UK, or anywhere else in our world. We would have preferred an alternative path. But on this occasion there is none.”
Ok. I will for now accept Theresa May's claims that Assad carried out gas attacks in Syria in 2017 and 2018 both of which were met with allied bombing as a response. I do not actually accept that for good reason as you can see HERE. But for now I humour Mrs May. I will also humour her by accepting - though I have seen no hard, as opposed to circumstantial - evidence that Russia carried out the chemical attack in Salisbury.
So Mrs May:
1. If Allied bombing acts as a deterrent to Assad why did the 2017 bombing not deter him?
2. Do you think that bombing a tin pot little country in the Middle East which has never attacked one British citizen ( other than some of the Jihadis it is fighting) or Britain will deter any other nation?
3. If not when will you show consistency and bomb Russia?
4. Do you think Russia will be deterred from poisoning other folks in the UK by British planes bombing a couple of deserted factories in the Syrian desert?
5. By assisting fighters in Syria who are affiliated to Al Qaeda - which has attacked the West - by attacking forces fighting those jihadists how do you make Britain safer?
What Mrs May is patent nonsense even if you believe the claims she makes about the authorship of three chemical attacks where she has no concrete proof. And if you doubt that she has proof, as I do, then her position becomes even more ridiculous.
Yet in Airstrip One the media laps it up and praises her brave and statesmanlike words.